Tuesday 21 November 2017

TRUE BEAUTY



The word beauty is usually misconstrued because it's a within treasure. In humans, the beauty of a person starts with his/her sincere smile which is a deep reflection of the heart. A smile is a sign of peace and acceptance, it's funny how we underrate it. Treasures are usually given a special treatment just like the bible said in the book of Matthew 13:44; Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field; when a man found it, he hid it again, and in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
When I was in college, my view of who a beautiful woman is was someone with a fine face and classic endowments. 
In the university another mindset crept in. I saw beauty as being educated but it was a huge disappointment to me because I met educated but not intelligent ladies. In addition to it were characters that couldn't keep a home.

When I started working, I never liked the fact that my female colleagues always ate outside and more so were never prudent with money. So there was a switch in what beauty became for me. So I started seeing a beautiful lady as someone who prepares her meal, prudent with funds and can convert $1 to $2. Well, this mindset has not been totally erased within me but there are more to that. There are sense making circumstances that could result in a lady not being able to prepare her meals and also save funds. 

When I started thinking about marriage, my thoughts of what friends, families and even haters will say about my wife, gave me another definition of what a beautiful wife is. I started looking out for light skin, pointed nose, curvy, tall and sexy lady with polished spoken English. These attributes were just a myth and after attending some marriage seminars, I dropped such thoughts.

There are several statements I would like us to look at before stating the obvious about what true beauty is.
* Looks fades
* Marriage doesn't cure lust and adultery
* Wealth doesn't keep a home are buy true loyalty
* Sexiness and sex doesn't keep a home or people

The fact is, there is no perfect woman or man out there but we have beautiful people who can give peace to your life. And it is that beauty we are here to talk about. 
True beauty can be likened to virtues and according to Wikipedia, virtue is moral excellence. It is a trait or quality that is deemed to be morally good and thus is valued as the foundation of principle and good moral being. In other words, it is a behavior that shows high moral standards i.e. doing what is right and avoiding what is wrong. 

In summary, true beauty is found in the mindset, actions and inactions of people. So next time you want to define the beauty of a person, focus on the person's MINDSET, ACTIONS and INACTION. Stop looking at curves, face, sexiness, spoken English, etc.


Abonyi Obinna Kingsley (Mr. K)

No comments:

Post a Comment